Thursday, September 11, 2014

A Few of my Favorite Images

Last month, I journeyed out west to run the Leadville 100.   In order to survive the race, I went out 9 days early to acclimatize to the altitude.   There I was afforded the opportunity to get reconnected with my camera.   Here are my four of my favorite photos from the initial glance.



I awoke early one morning after camping in the badlands to find the landscape filled with fog.   Just as I arrived in the park, I caught this lone tree at sunrise.   


Inside the badlands, I noticed this one area of the park a year ago, but did not have the opportunity to photograph it.   I came back and the time was right.   I was fortunate that it was wet this year and caught a small stream flowing forth.


As I headed west, I opened up my old Rand McNally Road Map and looked for green.  I spotted Medicine Bow National Forest in Southern Wyoming.  I had never been there, so off I went.  I found a perfect camping spot and after a good night sleep, I was treated to a wonderful sunrise.


Finally, I leave you with this, the mountain wildflowers of Medicine Bow National Forest.

Enjoy.








No comments:

Post a Comment