Tuesday, January 6, 2015

My 15 Favorite Images of 2014

Like many people, I like to spend some time reflecting on the past year and looking forward.  2014 was a good year.  The older I get the more I appreciate the experiences I have in life.  I tend to savor it all now, rather than just look for its faults.

We began the year with our own Winter Olympics, where Anatalya came up the winner with the most Golds.   I headed to California for 2 weeks and backpacked the PCT with my good friend Erik Fosshage.   Then the family snuck away to Disney World without me, but fortunately I was able to join them for some beach time in June.  In August, I returned to the Leadville 100 to go after some unfinished business.  My good friend Kurt, Aaron and Luke helped me get me my missing buckle.   I wrapped the year up with a long weekend backpacking in the Boundary Waters with my long-time MN outdoor adventure friend, Chad Stone.  Of course throughout the whole year we had plenty of adventures from Family camping to a day at the Wisconsin Dells.

While my camera was not out as much as I would like in 2014, I peered back at my work and these are my favorite images of the year.


Just after waking one morning on the PCT, I snapped my favorite self-portrait to Date.


One of my favorite views of southern California, the rolling hills.


After enduring, 24 hours of high winds and driving rain/snow Erik and I broke free to return to civilization for a night.


In late June, I headed out to the Black Hills to help crew and pace Minnesota running legend, Kurt Decker at the Black Hills 100.


While acclimatizing for Leadville 100, I worked my way across the US camping and taking in the sights.   Here is a classic Badlands image.


Just after sunrise, fog enveloped South Dakota Hills.


Mountain Flowers in Southern Wyoming.



A surprise find on my trip west, Medicine Bow National Forest.


In September, I helped crew my good running friend Aaron Ehlers at the Superior 100.  In the midst of the race, he crosses one of the many rivers.


In between aid stations, I managed to sneak off and snap a picture of Palisade Head at Tetteguche State Park.  

 My last voyage to the wilderness was a 32 mile overnight backpacking trip.  A stand of pines caught my eye, midway through the first day.


My good friend Chad Stone admiring the fall foliage.


My fabulous Wife Cindy


Cadel in the annual Bike Parade.


Anatalya looking forward to 2015.    

I look forward to many great moments in the future.   Thanks to everyone who made 2014 such a fabulous year.   

No comments:

Post a Comment